Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Rain

Why is it that it rains every time we need to go to Costco? Anyway, whenever it rains I think of this poem, one of my favorites:

Spring Rain, by Sara Teasdale

I thought I had forgotten,
But it all came back again
To-night with the first spring thunder
In a rush of rain.

I remembered a darkened doorway
Where we stood while the storm swept by,
Thunder gripping the earth
And lightning scrawled on the sky.

The passing motor busses swayed,
For the street was a river of rain,
Lashed into little golden waves
In the lamp light’s stain.

With the wild spring rain and thunder
My heart was wild and gay;
Your eyes said more to me that night
Than your lips would ever say… .

I thought I had forgotten,
But it all came back again
To-night with the first spring thunder
In a rush of rain. 





The pair of bodies is so close to completion -- just four more tabs to bind! Unfortunately, I already know that they're too big in the waist; it's going to lace almost closed there...oh bother. I guess I should've taken into account the relative squishiness of my waist when using the CCPG. Also, the shift/chemise/smock is on its way to completion as well! Looks like I might be able to make my Ren Faire deadline after all, although part of me is still the tiniest bit sad to not go as a generic pirate queen.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, poor you, your waist is too small! ;) (joking!)

    I've been generic pirate queen a couple of Hallowe'ens now... it is pretty fun, and I imagine would be even more so at a Ren Faire. I wore lace-up black leather pants and a ghawazee coat and blonde dreadlocks. :) And lots and lots of jewelry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poem. Look forward to seeing - as usual - your creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me your thoughts! I appreciate reading them and I try to reply to most, if not all, comments, especially when they are questions. I ask that you keep your comments polite, and if you're a spammer, don't bother because your comment will just be deleted! Also, if you're commenting on a post that's more than two weeks old, it will be moderated.